TRUCK DESIGN OPTIMIZATION PROJECT (TDOP) PHASE II-PHASE I DATA EVALUATION AND ANALYSIS PLAN
This document describes a plan for evaluating and analyzing the TDOP Phase I test data for Type I freight car trucks. The plan proposes that the initial tasks should include cataloging the Phase I data, refining the TDOP sorting routine, and converting and validating the government-furnished Phase I post processing program to run on Wyle's Interdata 8/32 computer. Once the software is operational, the Phase I data evaluation and analysis will begin with a pilot program to establish the validity of the techniques for establishing freight car truck performance indices. The plan states that a final report will be published sixty days after completion of the evaluation and analysis of the Phase I data.
- Record URL:
- Prepared for U.S. Department of Transportation, Washington, D.C. This report is the first of a series that will be published under the major title "Truck Design Optimization Project, Phase II as the multi-year program develops. A preliminary version of this plan was distributed at the first TDOP Phase II In-Progress Review held in Chicago, Illinois on March 21, 1978.
Wyle Laboratories4620 Edison Avenue
Colorado Springs, CO United States 80915
- Gibson, D
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Freight cars; Harmonics; Hunting (Dynamics); Information processing; Mathematical models; Performance tests; Research projects; Ride quality; Steering; Train track dynamics; Trucks; Validation; Vehicle design; Vehicle dynamics
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight car dynamics; Harmonic roll
- Subject Areas: Design; Motor Carriers; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00188682
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-78/34, TDOP TR-01
- Contract Numbers: OT-FR-742-4277
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM