EMERGENCY RESPONSE TO TRANSPORTATION ACCIDENTS: AN OVERVIEW
Measures taken to ameliorate the consequences of accidents in transport of radioactive materials are examined: packaging, labeling, regulations, and emergency plans. The last measure is reviewed in more detail: development and implementation of emergency plans, rapid response by organizations, public relations, and revision of regulations vs improving emergency response.
- From 5th Symposium on packaging and transportation of radioactive materials; Las Vegas, Nevada, May 1978. CONF-780506-32.
Allied-General Nuclear ServicesBarnwell, SC USA
Department of Energy1000 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20585
- Darr, D G
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Disasters and emergency operations; Hazardous materials; Radioactive materials; Radioactive materials; Regulations; Safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Emergency procedures
- Old TRIS Terms: Government regulations
- Subject Areas: Law; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00188640
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: AGNS-1040-17
- Contract Numbers: ET-78-C-09-1040
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 2003 12:00AM