PROGRESS IN RAILWAY MECHANICAL ENGINEERING--1977-1978 REPORT OF SURVEY COMMITTEE LOCOMOTIVES
This report covers motive power designs that have been delivered and developments undertaken in the survey period of September 1, 1977 to September 1, 1978. Data and photographs for seven new diesel locomotives, one electric locomotive and one train set are presented as reported by builders.
- Contributed by the Rail Transportation Division of The American Society of Mechanical Engineers for presentation at the Winter Annual Meeting, San Francisco, California, December 10-15, 1978.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Baker, P H
- Schulze, F W
- Publication Date: 1978-7-13
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel electric locomotives; Electric locomotives; Locomotives; Technology; Vehicle design
- Geographic Terms: Europe; Japan
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotive design
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00188635
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: 78-WA/RT-16 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM