THE ALUSUISSE TRUCK
The reasons are given why Swiss Aluminium Ltd. started the development of freight car trucks ten years ago, followed by an outline of the different stages of development. Five versions of the truck are presented and thoroughly described with results of stress analysis, laboratory and on-road tests, including preparation of the truck for TDOP Phase II. Future development steps are outlined.
- Contributed by the Rail Transportation Division of The American Society of Mechanical Engineers for presentation at the Winter Annual Meeting, San Francisco, California, December 10-15, 1978.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Zehnder, J
- Publication Date: 1978-7-20
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Aluminum; Bolsters; Car trucks (Railroads); Lightweight materials; Suspension systems; Technology; Trucks; Vehicle design
- Geographic Terms: Switzerland
- Old TRIS Terms: Rhaetian railway; Truck and bolster systems
- Subject Areas: Design; Motor Carriers; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00188634
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: 78-WA/RT-156 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM