PROGRESS IN RAILWAY MECHANICAL ENGINEERING (1977-78 REPORT OF SURVEY COMMITTEE) CARS AND EQUIPMENT
This survey of the annual ASME report covers some of the major developments in rail freight and passenger equipment made public in the last calendar year. It covers developments worldwide. In the freight area, the main developments are for bulk transport as well as intermodal concepts. The passenger developments are mainly in the rapid transit and commuter areas with some new developments in sleepers.
- Contributed by the Rail Transportation Division of The American Society of Mechanical Engineers for presentation at the Winter Annual Meeting, San Francisco, California, December 10-15, 1978.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- MANOS, W P
- Publication Date: 1978-7-20
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Covered hopper cars; Freight cars; Multiple unit cars; Open top cars; Passenger cars; Piggyback transportation; Technology; Vehicle design
- Geographic Terms: Europe
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight car design; Passenger car design
- Subject Areas: Design; Public Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00188633
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: 78-WA/RT-14 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM