Inclusive Pedestrian Environments: Resources and Recommendations
This project focuses on pedestrian environments as a major variable in disabled individuals' use of and access to public transit. The report contains sections on the project report, essential resources, and a literature review. It includes an annotated collection of information that addresses the design, creation and maintenance of pedestrian environments that are accessible. The annotated resources also address practitioner training. Hypotheses were formed as the data were collected, and recommendations are provided, based on the hypotheses.
- Record URL:
Adaptive Environments180-200 Portland Street, Suite 1
Boston, MA United States 02114
- Publication Date: 2007
- Media Type: Web
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Access; Accessibility; Barrier free design; Literature reviews; Maintenance; Pedestrians; Persons with disabilities; Public transit; Recommendations; Training; Utilization
- Uncontrolled Terms: Pedestrian environment; Resource guides
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Maintenance and Preservation; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Public Transportation; Research; Society;
- Accession Number: 01054037
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Project Number: 454-6211-01-101
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 12 2007 12:51PM