AIRBORNE ELECTRONICS AND ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT RELIABILITY
This document reports the recommendations of Special Committee 130 of the Radio Technical Commission for Aeronautics (RTCA) concerning the specification of electronics and electrical equipment reliability requirements in TRCA Minimum Performance Standards and FAA Technical Standard Orders. In particular, the various means of determining and specifying reliability for electronic systems recommended by TRCA Minimum Performance Standards area investigated, the significance of specifying MTBR and MTBF for safety of flight electrical and electronic equipment is assessed, and recommendations are made regarding which, if any, of these available techniques may be applicable for incorporation into Minimum Performance Standards.
Radio Technical Commission for Aeronautics1717 H Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20006
- Publication Date: 1977-9
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Avionics; Electrical equipment; Electronic equipment; Quality of work; Reliability
- Uncontrolled Terms: Airborne
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00188572
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: RTCA Doc n DO-167
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1979 12:00AM