DYNAMIC PLASTIC RESPONSE OF CIRCULAR PLATES WITH TRANSVERSE SHEAR AND ROTATORY INERTIA
The response of a simply supported circular plate made from a rigid perfectly plastic material and subjected to a uniformly distributed impulsive velocity is developed herein. Plastic yielding of the material is controlled by a yield criterion which retains the transverse shear force as well as bending moments and the influence of rotatory inertia is included in the governing equations. Various equations and numerical results are presented which may be used to assess the importance of transverse shear effects and rotatory inertia for this particular problem.
- This research was carried out under the Structural Mechanics Program of the Office of Naval Research, Arlington, Virginia. Task NR 064-510.
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyDepartment of Ocean Engineering, 77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA USA 02139
- JONES, N
- Gomes de Oliveira, J
- Publication Date: 1978-12
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Bending moments; Dynamic loads; Impulses (Mechanics); Loads; Plastic analysis; Plates (Engineering); Structural analysis; Structural mechanics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic response; Structural response
- Old TRIS Terms: Impulsive loading; Shear loads; Structural plates
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00188526
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Report/Paper Numbers: 78-9 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00014-76-C-0195
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM