STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF FHWA TRAFFIC NOISE DATA
This report presents the results of the statistical analysis of FHWA traffic noise data collected in Colorado, Florida, North Carolina and Washington. Prediction equations of the peak dBA levels of trucks as functions of speed are derived for each of the axle groups: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 3-5, and each of the four states. These equations are used to establish vehicle reference emission levels for medium and heavy trucks. Similar results are derived for noise levels in octave bands at frequencies 31.6, 63, 125, 250, 500, 1K, 2K, 4K and 8K Hz. Attenuation rates are estimated for each of the four states. These results can be used in highway noise prediction models. /FHWA/
- Sponsored by the Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration.
Science Applications, Incorporated1651 Old Meadow Road, Suite 620
McLean, VA USA 22101
- Ma, Y Y
- Rudder Jr, F F
- Publication Date: 1978-7
- Pagination: 60 p.
- TRT Terms: Data analysis; Equations; Mathematical analysis; Noise control; Sound level; Speed; Statistical analysis; Traffic noise; Trucks
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Motor Carriers;
- Accession Number: 00188511
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-78- 64 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-9384
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 14 1979 12:00AM