VERTICAL CHANGING SIGNS UTILIZING LASER BEAMS
Within the framework of road operation it is necessary to be able to send variable messages to the driver. The systems known to date to provide a limited number of predetermined messages or involve systems of which the maintenance is delicate. Jean Neuhas S.A. has just developed a panel using a laser beam for inscription of messages which are equally visible in the daytime and in the nighttime, the text of the message being determined by the operator.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/25073860
- This paper was presented at the 8th IRF World Meeting, Tokyo, Japan, October 16-21, 1977. Full text also written in Japanese.
Washington, DC USA 20024
- Matoussowsky, A
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Pagination: p. 193-194
- TRT Terms: Daylight; Lasers; Night visibility; Variable message signs; Visibility
- Old TRIS Terms: Laser applications
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00179844
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 12 1978 12:00AM