SUMMARY OF PROGRESS THROUGH 1978 (NCHRP)
The National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP) is a contract research effort designed to respond quickly and efficiently to the needs of the state highway and transportation departments through the solution of pressing transportation problems. The program is one of applied research, and every effort is made to help administrators and engineers put the findings to early use. Program policy ensures maximum exposure of the research while in progress. The manner in which the research projects are formulated, the projects received to date, the financing of the program and the way the NCHRP administers the projects are detailed. The placing of the projects under contract, and the monitoring of the research are discussed. Systematic planning for getting results into practice, promoting useful results, reporting results and implementing results are also covered. Examples of utilization of NCHRP research results are given and award winning research under NCHRP are listed. The major section of this report lists and outlines the progress of research projects in twenty five areas. These areas cover several aspects of pavements, maintenance, traffic planning, operations and control, construction, materials, economics, safety, soils, and law.
- Digital Copy:
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 157 p.
- NCHRP Summary of Progress
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- TRT Terms: Contracts; Implementation; Information dissemination; Live loads; Monitoring; Pavements; Research; Reviews; Transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Highway loading problems; Transportation research
- Subject Areas: Pavements; Research; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00188479
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Mar 28 1979 12:00AM