RESEARCH AND EDUCATION FOR MARITIME PROGRESS
The report determines long-range research as the area in which universities and non-profit institutions can best perform research for the maritime industry. It provides a response to the question of type and amount of support that universities should receive for maritime research, from the federal government and industry. The report concludes with recommendations for establishing an Institute for Advanced Maritime Management Studies, a strengthened rate of investment in maritime R&D, and broadening maritime-related R&D to consider transportation as a total system.
- Maritime Transportation Research Board report of findings of the Panel on Support for Maritime Research & Education. Financial support provided by Departments of Defense, Commerce, and Transportation. Project Manager, Leonard E. Bassil.
Maritime Transportation Research BoardNational Academy of Sciences, 2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20418
- Publication Date: 1973-1
- Pagination: 80 p.
- TRT Terms: Education; Management
- Old TRIS Terms: Education programs; Management training; Maritime research
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00041505
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Transportation Research Board
- Contract Numbers: N00014-67A-0244-0023
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 2 1973 12:00AM