INVESTIGATION OF THE STRENGTH OF WELDED CONSTRUCTIONS
The paper deals with the background of the development of welding technology. These developments include the determination of temperature and residual stresses and deformations caused by the welding process. The following are stressed: (1) methods for elimination of displacements from welding in shells; (2) strength of welds with heterogeneous joint; (3) study of mechanical properties under conditions of biaxial elongation; (4) strength of welds at low temperatures.
- Edited machine translation of Izvestiya Vysshikh Uchebnykh Zabedenii. Mashinostroenie (USSR) N9, pp 144-153, 1968, by Charles T. Ostertag, Jr.
Wright-Patterson Air Force BaseForeign Technology Division
Dayton, OH USA
- Nikolaev, G A
- Kurkin, S A
- Vinokurov, V A
- Sagalevich, V M
- Makarov II
- Publication Date: 1972-8-4
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Distortion (Structures); Residual stress; Shells (Structural forms); Stresses; Welding; Welds
- Old TRIS Terms: Residual stresses; Weld distortion; Weld stresses; Welding techniques
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00041494
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FTD-MT-24-10-72
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 2 1973 12:00AM