EFFORTS TO IMPROVE GOODS MOVEMENT IN DALLAS
The paper discusses a study that developed alternative solutions to the goods distribution problem in the CBD. The project was specifically designed to: provide immediate solutions for some of the problems encountered by delivery and service vehicles presently serving downtown Dallas, and identify alternative means of serving those vehicles whose function may not be compatible with the long-range truck tunnel plan. Thg project was an effort designed to identify solutions, evaluate those alternatives, and implement some of the more viable solutions.
- Compendim of Technical Papers of the 47th Annual Meeting of the Institute of Transportation Engineers at the Fourth World Transportation Engineers Conference, Mexico City, October 2-6, 1977.
Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)Washington, DC United States
- Kelly, R W
- HOLDER, R W
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: p. 394-403
- TRT Terms: Central business districts; City planning; Commodities; Freight traffic; Transportation; Trucking; Trucks; Urban goods movement; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00188006
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1981 12:00AM