METHOD OF SELECTION OF MOORING EQUIPMENT
This Standard has been prepared to complement the British Standards relevant to equipment used for mooring, either by anchor cable or ropes. Its object is to (a) draw attention to the British Standards for mooring equipment, and (b) to recommend a method of applying these standards in order to select mooring equipment by means of the Equipment Number system used by classification societies. As the mooring of ships involves many environmental variables which make it difficult to define precise loads for restraining purposes, this Standard uses the minimum design requirements for a given equipment number. Order form BSRA as No. 49,322.
British Ship Research AssociationWallend Research Station
- Publication Date: 1977-2
- Pagination: 12 p.
- BSRA Shipbuilding Industry Standard
- Publisher: British Ship Research Association
- TRT Terms: Anchors (Mooring devices); Equipment; Mooring; Mooring cables; Rope; Standards
- Old TRIS Terms: Equipment standards; Rope technology; Standards (Mooring equipment)
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00185302
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. SIS 24
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 13 1979 12:00AM