TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM MANAGEMENT
This publication contains workshop reports, conference papers and case studies that were presented at the conference on Transportation System Management (TSM). The conference addressed three objectives: provision of the latest information on DOT policies and requirements, the provision of the latest information on experiences with the actual implementation of a range of individual TSM actions, the examination of the emphasis of the regulations on a regional or metropolitan planning perspective. The conference emphasized urban areas that had or were having success in implementing TSM actions. Three major issues were highlighted in the presentations as well as during the discussion of implementation of individual TSM actions. The issues are: TSM as a planning process and the role of metropolitan planning organizations in that process, perceived conflict between short-term and long-range transportation objectives and public involvement and acceptance of TSM actions.
- Digital Copy:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/0360859X
- For individual papers see HRIS 179070 through 179107.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Conference on Transportation System Management
- Location: Washington District of Columbia, United States
- Date: 1976-11-7 to 1976-11-10
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 163 p.
- Transportation Research Board Special Report
- Issue Number: 172
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- ISSN: 0360-859X
- TRT Terms: Administration; Case studies; City planning; Conferences; Implementation; Regulations; Transportation planning; Transportation system management; Urban transportation; Workshops
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00185297
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB, ATRI
- Created Date: Jan 13 1981 12:00AM