STRENGTH OF ICE AND ICE COVER (NATURE RESEARCH ON THE RIVERS OF SIBERIA)
Contents: Development and present-day state of research on the strength of river ice; Thickness of the ice cover and its variation during the period of hard freeze; Structure of the ice cover and its variation before breaking up; Experimental determination of strength limits of ice cover; The influence of external factors and of the structure of the ice cover on its strength; Basic conclusions and recommendations.
Hanover, NH United States 03755-1290
- Butyagin, I P
- Publication Date: 1972-8
- Pagination: 132 p.
- TRT Terms: Ice; Mechanical properties; River ice; Thickness
- Old TRIS Terms: Ice hardness; Ice thickness
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00041472
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CRREL-TL327
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 2 1973 12:00AM