Stevedore negligence -- who pays?
Subtitle: A recent arbitration decision has highlighted the difficulties for charterers of ships when employing stevedores in different ports to carry out loading and discharging operations. On a chartered ship it is usually the charterer who bears the risk of employing stevedores to carry out activities on a ship. The charterer is then left to seek redress from the stevedoring company if things go wrong.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: https://www.library.northwestern.edu/find-borrow-request/requests-interlibrary-loan/lending-institutions.html
- Jacques, Linda
- Publication Date: 2006-11
- Features: Illustrations;
- Pagination: p. 32-33 : ill.
- Container Management
- Publisher: Baltic Publishing, Limited
- ISSN: 0269-7726
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Laws and legislation; Liability; Longshoremen; Maritime law
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Law;
- Accession Number: 01047831
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Northwestern University, Evanston
- Files: TLIB
- Created Date: May 7 2007 1:17PM