RAILWAY BALLAST QUARRIES IN NEW SOUTH WALES
The required particle size distribution and characteristics of railway ballast are listed. The principal sources of rail ballast in NSW are described and comments are made on the petrology of the different rock types used and on geological factors which affect the operation of the quarries.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0869013288
- Workshop on the Geology of Quarries. ARRC, February 1977.
ARRB Group Ltd.Vermont South, Victoria Australia
- Chesnut, W
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: p. 17-22
- Publication of: Australian Road Research Board
- Publisher: ARRB Group Ltd.
- ISSN: 0005-0164
- TRT Terms: Aggregates; Ballast (Railroads); Conferences; Quarries; Railroads; Rocks; Sieve analysis; Technology
- Geographic Terms: Australia
- Old TRIS Terms: Railway
- ITRD Terms: 4577: Aggregate; 8006: Australia; 8525: Conference; 5124: Quarry; 4154: Rock; 5185: Sieving (mater)
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Railroads; I36: Aggregates;
- Accession Number: 00184951
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- ISBN: 0 86901 328 8
- Files: ITRD, TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Jan 13 1979 12:00AM