A STUDY OF SEWAGE DISPOSAL SYSTEMS FOR SUBMARINES. PHASE II. EVALUATION OF ALTERNATE SOLUTIONS
The report concerns the evaluation and comparison of sewage disposal systems suitable to adequately treat or dispose of submarine waste effluent. The four major alternatives considered are: Chemical oxidation system; Recycle type system; Maceration-chlorination process; and Transfer system (directly or via barge). For each of these alternate approaches a process diagram and a preliminary equipment design and layout were prepared. The alternate systems were then evaluated. The direct transfer system to dock-side sewer lines via hose was recommended as the optimum system.
General DynamicsQuincy, MA USA 02169
- Presti, J B
- Publication Date: 1968-6-12
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Sanitary engineering; Sewage holding tanks; Sewage treatment; Ships; Tanks (Containers); Waste disposal
- Old TRIS Terms: Holding tanks; Sewage treatment systems; Shipboard sewage treatment
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00041469
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: U413-68-088 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: N00024-67-C-5524
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 2 1973 12:00AM