The 45,430 tdw, bulk and tar carrier "Iron Carpentaria" has a length oa of 202.70 m, a beam of 27.50 m, a draft of 12.50 m and is powered by a G.E. MS3002R gas turbine developing 11,000 shp at 6556 rpm. Service speed is 15.00 knots. The most interesting aspect of the vessel is that it is the first merchant ship application of a heavy duty gas turbine and an epicyclic gearbox.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/7260964
IPC Industrial Press LimitedDorset House, Stamford Street
London SE1 9LU, England
- Publication Date: 1978-5
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk carriers; Epicyclic gears; Gas turbines; Propulsion; Ships; Ships by motive power
- Old TRIS Terms: Iron carpentaria; Ss iron carpentaria
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00184837
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 13 1979 12:00AM