This new three language (French, Spanish & English) brochure offers practical solutions to the problems involved in the unloading and loading of bags, cartons and boxes and loading of bulk materials at ocean and river ports. The brochure illustrates the new self-contained, jackup and floating pontoon Cargoveyor Systems, complete with gantries and powerplant, which can be towed and set up any place in the world to handle Panamax-size, ro/ro, container and general cargo ships. Custom-designed single and multiple Cargoveyor Systems can also be installed on dock or quay at major port terminals to handle the largest ships. Four-color renderings illustrate a typical jackup pontoon system with close-up views of the major components and features. Technical information includes design and capacity data, as well as an up-to-date cost comparison of three methods of bag unloading systems--Conventional Sling, Presling, and Cargoveyor Systems. For further information, write to Hewitt-Robbins.
Maritime Activity Reports Incorporated107 East 31st Street
New York, NY United States 10016
- Publication Date: 1978-11
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Bulk cargo; Bulk cargo handling; Bulk cargo terminals; Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Conveyors; Costs; Cranes; Gantry cranes; Loading and unloading; Marine terminals; Slings
- Candidate Terms: Pontoons
- Uncontrolled Terms: Bagged cargo
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk loading systems; Unloading systems
- Subject Areas: Finance; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00184816
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Reporter and Engineering News
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 13 1979 12:00AM