A NEW WAY TO MEASURE PERFORMANCE-AND WHAT IT SHOWS
A rate of return analysis is utilized for comparing railroad credit, earnings growth and the relative investment qualities of securities of different railroads. The method of analysis is claimed to isolate operational factors and financial factors which affect the final result. Operational factors are the asset turnover rate and profit margin; financial factors are effective tax rate and financial leverage. Analyses and comparisons are made of 10 major U.S. railroads and holding companies.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1586268
Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corporation508 Birch Street
Bristol, CT United States 06010
- BENHAM, I H
- Publication Date: 1978-11-27
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic analysis; Finance; Investments; Profitability; Return on investment; Taxation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial management
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00184739
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1978 12:00AM