CAVITY AND WAKE FLOWS
An in-depth review is made of the present state of knowledge concerning fully developed cavity and wake flows. The similarities and differences between these two types of flow are discussed within the context of free streamline theory. However, viscous and other effects upon separation, the near and far wake are also included in the review.
- Also available in Annual Review of Fluid Mechanics, V4, pp 243-294, 1972.
California Institute of TechnologyDivision of Engineering and Applied Science
1200 East California Boulevard
Pasadena, CA USA 91125
- Wu, TYT
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: 45 p.
- TRT Terms: Boundary layer separation; Cavitation (Mechanics); State of the art; Wakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Cavity dynamics; Wake analysis
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00041456
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: E97A.23
- Contract Numbers: N00014-67A-0094-0012
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 2 1974 12:00AM