With heavy haul railways operating at the threshold of endurance for materials used in track and rolling stock, problems associated with rail wear, wheel wear, rail corrugation and long trains are routine. Ways of countering many of these problems were discussed at the Heavy Haul Railways Conference in Australia sponsored by five railways in the western part of that nation. Operating strategies, cars, motive power, track structures, communications, signaling and data processing for heavy-haul systems are included in the presentations from railways all over the world.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/4175009
Murphy-Richter Publishing Company20 North Wacker Driver
Chicago, IL United States 60606
- Publication Date: 1978-11
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle loads; Corrugated rail; High capacity cars; Multiple unit trains; Rail (Railroads); Railroad facility operations; Single track; Slave locomotives; Train operations; Unit trains; Wear; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Line capacity
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle loadings; Long trains; Operating strategies
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00184624
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1978 12:00AM