Perfectly Formed: An Alternative Solution to Congestion?
This article describes the Compact Low Emission Vehicle for Urban Transport (CLEVER), a tilting, three-wheeled vehicle that is a cross between a car and a motorcycle Featuring one front wheel and two rear wheels, as well as a strengthened safety frame, the fully enclosed vehicle also has a hydraulic active tilt system that helps to ensure stability. The CLEVER vehicle runs on compressed natural gas (CNG) which creates for a significant reduction in carbon dioxide emissions, while also delivering close to 108 miles per gallon. Designed to help in provide a solution to the problem of overcrowding on city roads, developers of the CLEVER vehicle hope to have it available to consumers at a $12,000 price tag.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/32663949
- McLaughlin, Andrew
- Publication Date: 2007-2
- Media Type: Print
- Features: Illustrations; Photos;
- Pagination: pp 70-72
- TRT Terms: Compressed natural gas; Fuel conservation; Light vehicles; Technological innovations
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 01044844
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: UC Berkeley Transportation Library
- Files: BTRIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 26 2007 11:12AM