Moving Forward with Intelligence: Ontario's Intelligent Transportation Systems Strategy
This strategy document focuses on four key areas: reducing urban congestion and commuting times - supporting transit and improved transportation management to address the impact of growth in the GTA and urban Ontario; making border crossings more effective - supporting continued growth in the movement of people and goods and minimizing the impact on local communities; improving vehicle and passenger safety - taking advantage of new in-car technologies and ensuring they contribute to safe travel; and delivering ITS services effectively - ensuring that the best blend of investments are made to position Ontario to maximize ITS benefits.
- Record URL:
Ontario Ministry of Transportation1201 Wilson Avenue
Downsview, Ontario Canada M3M 1J8
- Publication Date: 2005
- Media Type: Print
- Pagination: 1 v., 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Intelligent transportation systems; Planning; Policy
- Geographic Terms: Ontario (Province)
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 01046987
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Association of Canada (TAC)
- Files: TAC
- Created Date: Mar 26 2007 11:01AM