Changing Lanes Transportation Conference 2004
This is the best practices document that has come from the Changing Lanes meeting held on February 5, 2004 in Richmond. The purpose of that meeting was to solicit dialogue between the Consulting Engineers of British Columbia, the British Columbia Road Builders Association and the Ministry of Transportation on how we can work together, consistently and successfully, in the delivery of construction projects. During the Changing Lanes meeting, a fictitious project and a series of problems were presented to the audience. The audience, which consisted of representatives from the Consulting Engineers of British Columbia, the British Columbia Road Builders Association and the Ministry of Transportation, was invited to discuss these problems amongst their tables and come up with solutions. After the meeting, these solutions were submitted to a committee to distill a best practices document in the sections of: 1) Authority, 2) Quality Control, Quality Assurance and End Product Specifications, and 3) Environmental.
- Record URL:
British Columbia Ministry of TransportationParliament Building
Victoria, BC Canada
- Publication Date: 2004
- Media Type: Print
- Pagination: 1 v., 100 p.
- TRT Terms: Conferences; Environmental protection; Forecasting; Quality assurance; Simulation
- Geographic Terms: British Columbia
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Construction; Environment; Planning and Forecasting; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure; I50: Construction and Supervision of Construction;
- Accession Number: 01046993
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Association of Canada (TAC)
- Files: TAC
- Created Date: Mar 26 2007 10:57AM