Canadian Road/Railway Grade Crossing Detailed Safety Assessment Field Guide
The purpose of this document is to guide individuals through a safety assessment of road/railway grade crossings. It provides an overview of the safety assessment objectives and process, guidelines for selecting an assessment team and developing a program, and methodologies for conducting crossing assessments. It should be noted that the field sheets or ‘prompt lists’ included in this guide, cannot, and should not take the place of experience and due diligence by members of the assessment team. Rather, the lists are provided to remind those in the field of the range of issues that must be considered in the review.
- Record URL:
Transport Canada330 Sparks Street, Tower C, 8th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario Canada K1A 0N5
- Publication Date: 2005
- Media Type: Print
- Pagination: 1 v. 96 p.
- TRT Terms: Evaluation; Railroad grade crossings; Safety
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; I82: Accidents and Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 01046986
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Association of Canada (TAC)
- Files: TAC
- Created Date: Mar 26 2007 10:57AM