ITS Strategies for Commercial Vehicles at Grade Crossings
This project, part of a larger R&D initiative launched by Transport Canada under Direction 2006, deals with the development of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) strategies at public grade crossings involving commercial vehicles as defined by the National Safety Code (i.e., vehicles over 4,500 kg). This report describes possible ITS solutions for both the rail and the road modes of transport in the context of at-grade crossings, and outlines a set of design principles and requirements for the deployment of ITS solutions at highway-railway crossings. Human factors and its role in this issue are also discussed at length.
- Record URL:
Montreal, Quebec Canada H3B 2X1
- Tardif, LP
- Publication Date: 2004
- Media Type: Print
- Pagination: 89 p.
- TRT Terms: Intelligent transportation systems; Railroad grade crossings; Research reports; Trucks
- Geographic Terms: Canada
- Subject Areas: Motor Carriers; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 01046994
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Association of Canada (TAC)
- Files: TAC
- Created Date: Mar 26 2007 10:56AM