Analysis in Brief - Too Many Trucks on the Road?
This study tests the perception that road congestion is growing in Canada, especially with the competition for road space between cars and trucks. It provides a view of the characteristics of the truck and car population on the roads in Canada based primarily on the registration and performance data available from the Canadian Vehicle Survey.
- Record URL:
Statistics CanadaBusiness and Labour Market Analysis Division, 170 Tunney's Pasture Driveway
Ottawa, Ontario Canada K1A 0T6
- Baldwin, G
- Publication Date: 2005
- Media Type: Print
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Traffic congestion; Trucks; Vehicle mix
- Geographic Terms: Canada
- Subject Areas: Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; I10: Economics and Administration; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 01046363
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Association of Canada (TAC)
- Files: TAC
- Created Date: Mar 26 2007 10:51AM