Performance Measures from Track Geometry Cars: A Dynamic Response L/V Predictor
This report presents the results of the second phase of a test and analysis program aimed at developing better performance indicators for track geometry. The test program involved the instrumentation of two freight cars to record events of undesirable lateral/vertical (L/V) force ratios and the associated track geometry at those locations. The analytic program involved the development of a predictor software program that can be run on board the geometry car to predict where the occurrences of undesirable L/V will occur. The predictor performed well in isolating track conditions that will produce high L/Vs.
TranSys Research Limited682 Milford Drive
Kingston, Ontario K7M 6B4, Canada
- English, GW
- Moynihan, TW
- Publication Date: 2004
- Media Type: Print
- Pagination: xi, 39 p.
- TRT Terms: Layout; Railroad tracks; Railroad transportation
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 01047088
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Association of Canada (TAC)
- Files: TAC
- Created Date: Mar 26 2007 10:48AM