Code of Practice - Removing Communication Barriers for Travellers with Disabilities
The purpose of this Code is to improve the communication of transportation-related information for persons with disabilities on a systemic basis as they use the federal transportation system. Under Canadian legislation, the Canadian Transportation Agency has the responsibility for ensuring that persons with disabilities obtain access to this country's federal transportation system by eliminating unnecessary or unjustified barriers. One way to achieve this goal is to develop and administer accessibility standards covering the transportation network under federal jurisdiction.
- Record URL:
Canadian Transportation AgencyOttawa, Ontario K1A 0N9, Canada
- Publication Date: 2004
- Media Type: Print
- Pagination: 1 v., 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Access; Accessibility; Auditory perception; Communication; Persons with disabilities; Visual perception; Wheelchairs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Assistance
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Society; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 01047085
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Association of Canada (TAC)
- Files: TAC
- Created Date: Mar 26 2007 10:46AM