2004 Greening of the Budget Submission - Natural Capital: A Critical Foundation of Our Economy
In this 2004 Greening of the Budet submission, the National Round Table on the Environment and the Economy (NRTEE) emphasizes that Canada must take better account of the full range of assets necessary to sustain a healthy society and economy. These assets represent our nation's "capital", an economic term first used to designate entities such as buildings and equipment that ensured economic production in the future. This submission stresses that other types of capital - in particular, the environmental assets that provide the ecological "services" that make life possible - are also important to out future well-being.
National Round Table on the Environment and the Economy344 Slater Street, Suite 200
Ottawa, Ontario Canada K1R 7Y3
- Publication Date: 2004
- Media Type: Print
- Pagination: 1 vol., ix, 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Environmental policy; Environmental protection; Sustainable development
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment; Policy; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 01047121
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Association of Canada (TAC)
- Files: TAC
- Created Date: Mar 26 2007 10:46AM