World Railway Market is 'Robust and Attractive'
This article discusses the overall gains in the economic health of the world’s railway market with the current annual volume of railway business at €103.3 billion. 41 countries and five market segments were taken into account for the figure, which excludes civil engineering costs related to rail, with high speed, main line, light rail, metros, and freight all being taken into consideration. Western Europe was found to take up the largest market segment, followed by North America, and Asia-Pacific in third. Predictions of future growth are set at an increase of one or two percent over the next ten years, with the fastest local rates in Eastern Europe, which is anticipated to gain three percent in the same time frame. Statistics in the article are drawn from a study titled "Worldwide Rail Market Study - Status Quo and Outlook 2015".
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/03735346
- Publication Date: 2007-3
- Media Type: Print
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: p 139
- TRT Terms: Forecasting; Rail transit; Railroads; Rolling stock
- Subject Areas: Economics; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 01044990
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: UC Berkeley Transportation Library
- Files: BTRIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 12 2007 11:19AM