REDUCING RELIANCE ON THE CAR IN RURAL AREAS
The paper examines the extent of car dependence and reliance in rural areas and presents a long term strategy based on facility and service provision, and the provision of transport networks and services that can ensure that choice of travel mode exists for a much larger proportion of journeys than at present time. The strategy is based on developing networks for non-motorized modes and for public transport, supporting local services and local economies, and ensuring that a rural voice reviews all policy interventions that might impact on rural transport provision.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://etcproceedings.org/conference
- Full conference proceedings available on CD-ROM.
Association for European Transport (AET)1 Vernon Mews, Vernon Street, West Kensington
London W14 0RL,
- Stokes, G
- European Transport Conference 2002
- Location: Homerton College, Cambridge, England
- Date: 2002-9-9 to 2002-9-11
- Publication Date: 2002
- Pagination: 14 p.
- Monograph Title: ADAPTIVE TRAFFIC CONTROLLED ROUNDABOUTS. ASSOCIATION OF EUROPEAN TRANSPORT 2002 CONFERENCE
- Publication of: Association for European Transport
- Publisher: Association for European Transport (AET)
- ISSN: 1474-9122
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Long range planning; Mode choice; Network analysis (Planning); Policy making; Private passenger vehicles; Public transit; Rural areas; Rural transportation
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00935076
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 0860503402
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 20 2003 12:00AM