MANAGING THE ATTRACTIVENESS OF CYCLING AS A LONG-TERM MODAL ALTERNATIVE
The paper discusses the need for public relations/public information campaigns to promote modal shifts to alternatives such as bicycle use for commuting. Summarized are some of the important elements of successful promotion of public planning policies, such as: define clear objectives; give the initiative a title or a motto; have a symbol or logo; involve local VIPs to increase the publicity; create partnerships with local stakeholders; frequent communication of results; and, initiate awareness campaigns that are appropriate to the local conditions.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://etcproceedings.org/conference
- Full conference proceedings available on CD-ROM.
Association for European Transport (AET)1 Vernon Mews, Vernon Street, West Kensington
London W14 0RL,
- Endemann, P
- European Transport Conference 2002
- Location: Homerton College, Cambridge, England
- Date: 2002-9-9 to 2002-9-11
- Publication Date: 2002
- Pagination: 13 p.
- Monograph Title: ADAPTIVE TRAFFIC CONTROLLED ROUNDABOUTS. ASSOCIATION OF EUROPEAN TRANSPORT 2002 CONFERENCE
- Publication of: Association for European Transport
- Publisher: Association for European Transport (AET)
- ISSN: 1474-9122
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Bicycle commuting; Bicycling; Modal shift; Promotion; Public information programs; Transportation modes
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00935039
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 0860503402
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 16 2003 12:00AM