CURRENT TRENDS FOR FUTURE PASSIVE SAFETY REGULATIONS FOR VEHICLES
ORIENTATIONS ACTUELLES POUR LES FUTURS REGLEMENTS DE SECURITE PASSIVE DES VEHICLES.
Following a brief critique of existing regulations for the passive safety of vehicles, the process of development of the new regulation is analysed from its preparation up to the point of acceptance by the legislator. The new regulation will be based on the performance assessed on the occupant rather than on the vehicle. Some examples of changes in the regulation are cited. Certain data are necessary for the implementation of the new regulation: it is necessary to simulate types of accidents, take account of the level of human tolerance beyond which protection must be obtained and of protection criteria. Finally the authors outline future trends. /TRRL/
- Proceedings du Colloque sur les Methodes d'Etudes et Simulation des Chocs, 16, 17 et 18 Octobre 1974, Lyon, France.
Librairie LavoisierRue Lavoisier 11
75008 Paris, France
- Tarriere, C
- Harteman, F
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 21 p.
- ION DES CHOCS, 16, 17 ET 18 OCTOBRE 1974, LYON, FR
- Issue Number: 0
- Publisher: Librairie Lavoisier
- TRT Terms: Conferences; Passive restraint systems; Performance; Regulations; Standards; Vehicle occupants; Vehicles
- ITRD Terms: 1057: Air transport network; 187: Specification (standard)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Passenger Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00184060
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: MONOGRAPH
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 13 1979 12:00AM