RESISTANCE OF BARGE TOWS: MODEL AND PROTOTYPE INVESTIGATIONS: CIVIL WORKS INVESTIGATIONS 814 AND 835: SUPPLEMENT
For convenience the basic data is presented in tabular form with added pertinent factors. A critical review of two formulae were incorporated, and additional parameters investigated. Resistance data covering eight single barges and two large flotillas were added, all in deep water. AD623 131 contains information covering the details of tank arrangement; test procedures; model-prototype comparisons; symbols; references; and other facts of material interest. Additional symbols and references are added.
Ohio River Division Labs5851 Mariemont Avenue
Cincinnatti, OH United States 45227
- Baier, L A
- Publication Date: 1963-6
- Pagination: 182 p.
- TRT Terms: Barge trains; Barges; Drag; Mathematical models; Simulation; Towing devices; Towing vehicles
- Old TRIS Terms: Barge drag forces; Simulated towing
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00015146
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Defense Documentation Center
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 13 1973 12:00AM