CALCULATION OF THE PERFORMANCES OF A SUPERCAVITATING PROPELLER ( SIGMA = 0.4 ) FOR DIFFERENT ADVANCE COEFFICIENTS ( J ) - CONFRONTATION, THEORY, EXPERIMENT
The study is limited to the utilization of a simplified theoretical schema: the propeller is considered as a lifting line with the hypothesis that each section of the blade functions like a two-dimensional supercavitating cascade. This schematic arrangement of the lifting line requires taking into account velocities induced by the helicoidal vortex wakes emitted on the trailing edges of the blades. Taking into account these induced velocities, the circulation distribution along the radius of the blade is determined. ( Author )
Compagnie de Recherches et Detudes AeronautiquesParis, France
- Luu, T S
- Sulmont, P
- Publication Date: 1969-7
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Performance; Propellers; Supercavitating propellers
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller performance
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00001776
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Defense Documentation Center
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 30 1973 12:00AM