JANE'S WORLD RAILWAYS
"The railways are a growth industry," says the foreword to the 1970-1971 edition of this 686-page volume. Noting that a population growth of 4% annually would virtually double transportation requirements over a decade, Sampson sees a greater role for railways in the years ahead. However, increased business is not automatically assured and certainly cannot be traditionally handled. The 13th Edition contains a 177-page Supply Industry section, a 450-page Operating Industry section, and a 48-page Rapid Transit section.
- This book was announced in Railway Locomotives and Cars, V145, N4, April 1972.
McGraw-Hill, Incorporated330 West 42nd Street
New York, NY United States 10036
- Publication Date: 1971
- Pagination: 686 p.
- TRT Terms: Forecasting
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00041313
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Railway Locomotives and Cars
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 4 1974 12:00AM