JANE'S WORLD RAILWAYS
The 1971-1972 edition reports that the past two decades have probably been the most important in railroading's century and a half history. The 606-page volume contains nearly a thousand photographs, over 200 maps and 150 diagrams. It gives details of virtually every rail line, including the 84,000-mile Soviet Railways which are estimated to have 10% of all trackage and handle 50% of total world freight traffic.
- This book was announced in Railway Locomotives and Cars, V146, N2, February 1972.
McGraw-Hill, Incorporated330 West 42nd Street
New York, NY United States 10036
- Publication Date: 1972
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 606 p.
- TRT Terms: Railroad tracks; Railroads; Surveys
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00041305
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Railway Locomotives and Cars
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1974 12:00AM