MOVING PEOPLE SAFELY
The 166-page paperback was prepared as a means of enhancing the already enviable safety record of the rail transit industry. It contains guidelines in a number of areas of safety and is intended not only for those systems now operating but also for the systems which are now building or are being planned. From the guidelines in this volume it is intended that specific safety rules can be prepared for each system. The seven chapters cover Safety First, Inspections: Facilities; Inspections: Cars; Inspections: Communications; Power; Uniform Code of Operating Rules; and Emergency. There is also a section on uniform accident reporting.
- This book was prepared by the Passenger Safety Committee of the Institute for Rapid Transit and Announced in Railway Locomotives and Cars, V146, N8, September 1972.
Institute for Rapid Transit1612 K Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20006
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: 166 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash records; Crash reports; Inspection; Motor vehicles; Regulations; Safety
- Subject Areas: Law; Public Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00041295
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Railway Locomotives and Cars
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1981 12:00AM