THE 6CHRN 36/45 SHIP DIESEL ENGINES
The 6ChRN 36/45 ship diesels are used as main engines on ships such as the 5300-ton 'Volgo-Don'. The 6ChRN 36/45 diesel may be manufactured with various boost levels and rpms. The table gives the parameters of various models of the engine. All models of the engine have good fuel economy in the entire range of service rpms and have a low gas temperature at the exit from the cylinders with moderate values of the maximum pressure within the cycle.
- Translation of Sudostroenie (USSR) N11, pp 22-25, 1970.
Naval Scientific and Technical Intelligence CenterTranslation Division
Washington, DC United States
- Orlov, V I
- Osadin, V A
- Danilov, E Y
- Publication Date: 1972-6-30
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel engines; Engine efficiency; Fuel consumption; Propulsion; Reliability
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel propulsion; Propulsive efficiency
- Subject Areas: Energy; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00041288
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NAVSTIC-Trans-3320
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 2 1973 12:00AM