CN PUTS CONCRETE INTO CURVES
Based on its Canron P-811 Track renewal train, Canadian National is pushing the installation of concrete ties, a projected 1.5 million in 5 years, on its heavy-traffic lines handling at least 25 MGT per mile per year in 100-ton cars and having curvature exceeding 2 degrees. Tests extending back six years have proved the superiority of concrete ties on such track.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/4175009
Murphy-Richter Publishing Company20 North Wacker Driver
Chicago, IL USA 60606
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete; Concrete ties; Curved track; Equipment replacement; Maintenance of way; Productivity; Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Welded rail
- Old TRIS Terms: Cross tie replacement; Track maintenance equipment; Track structures
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00183308
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1978 12:00AM