EFFECT OF UNIT TRAIN OPERATION ON BRIDGES
This committee report includes a survey of 21 railroads which operate unit trains with the major problems being concerned with timber trestles. The movement of rail on such flexible structures is a major concern with much attention being given to rail anchoring. Longitudinal bracing is strengthened and blocks placed between all ties.
- Proceedings of the 82nd Annual Conference of the American Railway Bridge & Building Association, Chicago, Illinois, September, 26-28, 1977.
American Railway Bridge & Building Association18154 Harwood Avenue
Homewood, IL USA 60430
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: p. 42-46
- TRT Terms: Anchors (Structural connectors); Bridge design; Bridges; Rail (Railroads); Reconstruction; Structural design; Timber; Trestles; Unit trains
- Old TRIS Terms: Rail anchors; Timber trestles
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00183300
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Railway Bridge & Building Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Volume 82 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1978 12:00AM