ANCHOR CABLE DYNAMICS
A two dimensional model of an anchor cable subjected to a uniform current, fixed at the sea bed and moving with a specified motion at the surface is developed. A steady state solution is developed and used as an initial condition for the numerical solution of the dynamic equations.
Naval Postgraduate School1 University Circle
Monterey, CA USA 93943
- Horne, L C
- Publication Date: 1972-6
- Pagination: 55 p.
- TRT Terms: Anchors (Mooring devices); Cable systems; Cables; Dynamics; Mooring cables
- Old TRIS Terms: Anchor lines; Cable dynamics
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00041278
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA Thesis
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 23 1973 12:00AM