CENTERLINE-BERNOULLI EQUATION FOR QUASISTEADY DILUTE POLYMER FLOW
The pressure, beginning from uniformity, is obtained explicitly in the flow of a dilute polymer solution on the centerline of an axisymmetric contraction. Use is made of an asymptotic representation, derived elsewhere, for quasisteady behavior of a simple molecular model.
- Revision of report dated 14 May, 1971. Also available in Physics of Fluids, V15 N2, pp 217-219, February 1972.
Pennsylvania State University, University ParkDepartment of Aerospace Engineering
University Park, PA United States
- Lumley, J L
- Publication Date: 1971-10-27
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Additives; Nozzles; Polymers; Pressure
- Uncontrolled Terms: Pressure distribution
- Old TRIS Terms: Contraction cones; Polymer additives
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00041268
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: N00014-67-A-03850013
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 23 1973 12:00AM