NUMERICAL METHODS IN FLUID DYNAMICS
On the numerical approximation of some equations arising in hydrodynamics; Approximation of Navier-Stokes equations; Approximation of Navier-Stokes equations for incompressible, viscous fluids; Numerical solution of steady state Navier-Stokes equations; Numerical solution of the Navier-Stokes equations at high Reynolds numbers and the problem of discretization of convective derivatives; Numerical analysis of viscous one-dimensional flows; A critical analysis of numerical techniques: the piston-driven inviscid flow; Transient and asymptotically steady flow of an inviscid compressible gas past a circular cylinder; The blunt body problem for a viscous rarefied gas; The choice of a time-dependent technique in gas dynamics; Application of finite elements methods in fluid dynamics; Computational methods for inviscid transonic flows with inbedded shock waves; Numerical treatment of time-dependent three-dimensional flows; An example of a complex mathematical model in fluid mechanics.
Advisory Group Aerospace Research and Development7 Rue Ancelle
92 Neuilly-sur-Seine, France
- Smolderen, J J
- Publication Date: 1972-5
- Pagination: 333 p.
- TRT Terms: Flow; Inviscid fluids; Three dimensional flow; Unsteady flow; Viscous flow
- Old TRIS Terms: Inviscid flow
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00041267
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AGARD-LS-48 Lecture
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 23 1973 12:00AM