INCREASING THE RELIABILITY AND IMPROVEMENT OF THE ROUTINE MAINTENANCE OF FREIGHT CARS
POVYSHENIYE NADEZHNOSTI I ULUCHSHENIYE TEKUSHCHEGO SODERZHANIYA GRUZOVYKH VAGONOV
This proceeding presents 11 technical papers: (1) Investigation of the Characteristics of the Evaluation of Freight Car Reliability and the Fixing of Rates for Reliability Indices; (2) Towards an Evaluation of the Longevity of Freight Car Center Plates; (3) The Longevity of Freight Car Truck Springs; (4) Problems in the Evaluation of the Heat Engineering Condition of Refrigerator Cars; (5) Problems in the Improvement of Linkless Automatic Regulators of Brake Rigging; (6) Theoretical Research of the Stress-Deformed Condition of Open Box Car Unloading Hatch Covers; (7) The Effect of some Design Parameters and Operational Tolerances on the Reliable Movement of a Freight Car; (8) The Method for Calculating a Plan for Introducing and Organizing the Work of Bearing Shops in Car Depots; (9) The Method for Calculating the Optimal Parameters of Car Repair Machines for Preparing Cars for Loading; (10) The Fundamentals of the Scientific Organization of the Routine Maintenance of Car at Points of Technical Inspection; and (11) The Analysis of Certain Aspects of Forces Acting on Elements of Gondolas During Off-Loading on Car Dumpers.
- Contains English abstracts of the different papers in RRIS 03 182854 through 182859 and 03 182861 through 182864 and RRIS 02 182860; Bulletin 7901; a copy of these proceedings is also available for reference purposes only at the Office of Research and Development, Federal Railroad Administration.
All-Union Labor Red Banner Railway Research InstUSSR Ministry of Railways
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Publication Date: 1972
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: 176 p.
- Trudy TsNII
- Publisher: All-Union Labor Red Banner Railway Research Inst
- TRT Terms: Freight cars; Maintenance; Maintenance management; Maintenance practices; Planning; Vehicle components; Vehicle maintenance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Performance analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Car components; Freight car component performance; Freight car maintenance
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00182853
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 459 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 31 1978 12:00AM